COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATES
Red Planet has always believed in building a planet for all of us, and nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our guests.
We want to update you on what we are doing to help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure that you can have peace of mind when staying with us.
TRAVELLING TO THE PHILIPPINES
12 April 2021
The Philippine government has placed Metro Manila under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine from 12 until 30 April 2021. With this, our Metro Manila hotels (except Red Planet Quezon Timog) can only accommodate stays for quarantine purposes to comply with the government guidelines.
Once booked, please contact the hotel directly to advise the purpose of your stay. We have also extended our free cancellation for reservations that may not be accepted due to the limitations under the MECQ.
STAYING WITH US DURING THE COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
10 March 2021
All of our hotels are taking the following steps to respond to COVID-19 in the Philippines. We respectfully ask you to follow these actions and precautions during your stay with us.
* General Community Quarantine – GCQ
* Modified General Community Quarantine – MGCQ
* Authorized Persons Outside of Residence - APOR
- Our hotels are following strict COVID-19 protocols for everyone's safety.
- Under GCQ, no leisure stay is allowed at any of our hotels.
- Under GCQ, all Red Planet Hotels are currently being used as quarantine facilities except for Red Planet Quezon Timog and Red Planet Davao. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under GCQ, all Red Planet Hotels may accommodate guests for business purpose. This means guests stay solely for work or business in the interest of his/her organization, employer, or company, and not for personal recreational or leisure purpose. For this type of booking, the guest is required to present two (2) of the following documents upon check-in:
a. Current company ID
b. Endorsement letter from the company
c. Appointment letter
d. Or a similar document to prove the business purpose
- Under GCQ, a negative Covid-19 test result, taken at least 72 hours before check-in, is required from guests staying for business.
- Similarly, all APOR are required to show relevant documents as applicable. APOR includes the following:
a. Health and emergency frontline service personnel
b. Government officials and government frontline personnel
c. Duly-authorized humanitarian assistance actors
d. People travelling for medical/humanitarian reasons
e. People going to the airport to travel abroad
f. Anyone crossing zones for work/business permitted in the zone and returning home
- Under GCQ, no children (14 years or younger) nor senior citizens (59 years or older) are allowed in any of our hotels unless for self-quarantine. For quarantine purposes, the guest must present documents to the hotel to prove that he is waiting for a negative Covid-19 test result.
- A decontamination fee of PHP 500 per stay is collected:
a. in the absence of a valid negative Covid-19 test result upon check-in,
b. from quarantine guests who have been found positive of the Covid-19 virus.
- Maximum number of guests in a room under GCQ:
a. For business purpose: 2 guests per room
b. For quarantine purpose: strictly 1 guest per room
- Under MGCQ, Red Planet Cebu, Red Planet Cagayan de Oro and Red Planet Angeles City may accommodate leisure, business, and distressed guests but not quarantine guests.
- Maximum number of guests in a room under MGCQ:
a. Red Planet Cagayan de Oro: 1 guest per room. Twin sharing is allowed for guests who belong in the same household (no more than 2 guests per room). Proof/identification is required upon arrival.
b. Red Planet Angeles City and Red Planet Cebu: 2 guests per room
- In line to the IATF protocols to reduce risk of transmission of the COVID-19, housekeeping services are limited in any community quarantine status.
- In response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19), the property may request additional documentation from guests to validate their identity and/or purpose of stay and other relevant information related to their purpose of stay.
- Our hotels have reduced reception operating hours. The latest check-in time is at 10PM.
STAY REQUIREMENTS AT RED PLANET SURABAYA
22 February 2021
Due to a new local government policy to slow down the spread of COVID-19, all guests staying at Red Planet Surabaya must report to the Surabaya Department of Tourism and Culture or fill out a form at the hotel. This is to confirm that you're not is not staying with us for self-isolation.
OPERATIONS AT RED PLANET PHUKET PATONG TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
9 February 2021
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and related travel restrictions, we are temporarily suspending all operations at Red Planet Phuket Patong until 1 November 2021. If you have made a reservation through online travel agents or third parties, we ask that you contact your booking provider directly for assistance. We're very sorry about the harm that this situation causes you.
COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATES IN THE PHILIPPINES
11 September 2020
Expected time of arrival
Please inform Red Planet Hotels in advance of your expected time of arrival on either the request box when placing a reservation, or reach out to the hotel using the information provided on your booking confirmation. This must be done for all reservations because we are operating with limited staff and may not be able to check you in as soon as you arrive at the hotel. Please note that we will cancel your reservation if we don't hear from you 24 hours before your check-in time.
Travel agent and third party reservations
If you need to cancel your booking, please do so before the check-in date as stated in the cancellation policy. If you don't arrive at the hotel or let us know in advance, we’ll need to charge the full amount on your credit card.
Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at check-in, and we’ll ask you for a valid photo ID, too.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re following the local officials and taking additional safety actions and precautions. This includes regular and scheduled property sanitation, partially reduced guest services, such as transportation and food and beverages, and our hotels may also have fewer staff members working at the front desk. Thank you for understanding.
Under the Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ), guests may have the option to either order food for delivery or use our in-house partner restaurants. We ask that you let your hotel know at least one day before arrival if you’d like to order food from our in-house partner restaurants. Please join us in using only cashless transactions for food delivery to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Our hotels may ask you for additional identification documents, travel itineraries, and other information, including medical clearance, PCR negative results, or paperwork that shows you have taken the test, and are just waiting for the results.
If you’re not feeling well, please stay at home. We’ll need to stop any guests and staff who are showing symptoms of the virus from entering the hotel.
Get in touch if you have any special requests, and we’ll try to make them happen. Please note that they are subject to availability and we may have to charge for some.
EXTENDED QUARANTINE IN THE PHILIPPINES
12 May 2020, last updated on 30 March 2021
The Philippine Government announced a transition to the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). We will have to cancel all reservations at Red Planet Manila Aseana City until 30 April 2021 and at our other hotels in Metro Manila until 15 April 2021. If the situation improves, we will do our best to continue operations as usual. Other Red Planet hotels in the Philippines remain open for business during this time with some limited exceptions. Please read the travel updates for stay rules at your hotel.
- When your reservation is cancelled, we’ll contact you directly via email.
- If you have a prepaid reservation while the hotel operations have been suspended, you will receive a voucher to the value of your booking plus an additional 10% bonus.
- The voucher is valid for six months. We ask that you use the voucher within the period of validity, but you can also book for stays beyond that.
If you have made a reservation through online travel agents or third parties, we ask that you contact your booking provider directly for assistance.
INCREASED FLEXIBILITY FOR EXISTING AND UPCOMING RESERVATIONS BEFORE 30 JUNE 2020
15 May 2020
If you’re due for a stay at Red Planet Hotels and have to change your travel plans, you can change your unused prepaid booking or claim a voucher with the full value in credit for your future travel.
CHANGING YOUR BOOKING
You can change the dates of your prepaid reservation in the same country without any change or cancellation charges. Please note that you will need to pay any price difference in the new booking. If you wish to change your booking, please contact email@example.com.
CLAIMING YOUR VOUCHER
We’ll send you a voucher by email, and you can use it to make a reservation within six months. We ask that you use the voucher within the period of validity, but you can also book for stays beyond that. You can request a voucher for reservations between 19 March and 30 June 2020. To apply for a voucher, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you’re ready to rebook, you can use the voucher as payment or part payment for a future stay. The booking amount you paid for your original reservation will be accepted for any stay in the same country at any time.
FEEL AT EASE WHEN YOU STAY WITH US
Hygiene and cleanliness have always been our top priorities, and during this time, we have taken additional steps to lessen the impact of the virus. At our hotels and offices, we are rolling out temperature checks and ensuring that our spaces are safe for our guests and staff. That means increased social distancing, repeated cleaning at high-touch areas, additional hand sanitisers, frequent room key disinfection, and more guidance on good hand hygiene.
As things develop, we continue to follow the best practices and official guidance as advised by WHO and local government authorities. The staff at our hotels are instructed on our contingency plan, and we are prepared to adapt operations hotel-by-hotel when it is in the best interest of our guests, staff, or public health.